Lemony Shrimp with Couscous
Serves 4; Total Time: 15m
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1.5 lbs cooked, peeled and deveined medium shrimp*
- 0.5 lbs sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
*My shrimp was not cooked, peeled or deveined, so I peeled / deveined and cooked it in a pan on medium with fresh squeezed lemon juice and garlic powder until pink
- Place couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup very hot water (I microwaved mine) and 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl (or, in the pan you used to cook the shrimp if your shrimp was not precooked), combine shrimp, snap peas, tomatoes, basil, scallions, oil, lemon zest & juice, 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper. Toss to combine. Serve over couscous.