Fun little pregnancy survey:
- How far along?: 14 weeks 1 day
- How big is baby?: According to What to Expect, a naval orange (4.5 inches long, 2-3 oz)
- Weight gain?: Lost 4 lbs (oops)
- Stretch marks?: None yet.
- Maternity clothes?: I have one maternity tunic that I've worn a couple times because it's so cute and comfy, but I have no need for maternity clothes yet
- Sleep?: Can't sleep in late (any time after 8:30) no matter how late I go to sleep, but naps are very welcomed on the weekend
- Best moment last week?: Always love getting to hear the heartbeat (12/20)
- Food cravings?: It changes hourly
- Symptoms?: Still vomiting, but feeling crappy less frequently
- Exercise?: none (boo)
- Gender?: finding out 1/13!!
- Movement?: None that I can feel!
- Belly button?: Still in
- What I miss?: Feeling good, having energy, Jersey Mike's
- Labor signs?: Better not have these yet.
- What I'm looking forward to?: Christmas!! Last one without kids, I cannot wait until the baby's first Christmas next year
Mommy, on the other hand, is in trouble. Apparently all this "morning" (again, bullshit) sickness has caught up with me and instead of gaining the 4 lbs I was supposed to at 14 weeks, I've lost 4 lbs from my normal weight. Oops. "Eat More," the doctor says ... I feel like I eat NON-STOP. I'm eating a chocolate chip cookie as we speak. So for the first time in my life, I'm on a quest to gain weight, which I'm certain will be short-lived and they'll probably lecture me for gaining too much at my next appt.
AND SPEAKING OF THE NEXT APPOINTMENT!!! We find out if Baby E is a "man or a woman" on January 13th.
I. Cannot. Be-Lieeeeeeeeve. It.
We're going to have my mom come down and a few friends & family over for a fun "gender reveal" party that evening. I always thought it was so cliche for expectant mothers to say they don't care what they're having, "just as long as it's healthy" ... No, you care. You have a preference. You just don't want the kid to later find out that you wished s/he was something else. Well boys and girls, I was wrong. I genuinely can say I would be thrilled with either a boy or a girl. And (I saw this on another mommy blog) the good news is, the laws of reproduction are in my favor that it'll be one of those two, so I can't lose.
Of course, Ben wants a little boy, so I would be thrilled for him to have a son. Plus I've always loved the idea of having a boy first to be the older brother. But then again, every girl (woman?) wants a little girl of her own I think. Somewhere deep down, I've always dreamt of tutus and bows and pink bedding. So really forreal, I will be 100% thrilled whatever the case. Just so long as our little Bacon keeps growing strong and healthy.