What I'm trying to say is, from this point forward, I reserve the right to blog about any portion of this pregnancy that I deem fit to share with my 16 (sigh) followers. Now, I am not necessarily a massive over-sharer, so you shouldn't be too worried, but I just wanted to put it out there in case anyone is offended by ultrasound pictures, morning (read: all-day) sickness, etc. This also means that I'll be very open if anyone wants to ask questions ... without trying to scare you off from ever having children.
Now then, onto the fun stuff!
- I'm currently 13 weeks, 2 days along - in non-parent terms, that relates to about 3.5 months
- I've just started my 2nd trimester ... still waiting for the symptoms of the 1st trimester to ease up
- I have, in fact, been sick. For eight weeks now. But I'm not losing weight and the baby is healthy!
- We are, of course, thrilled. And yes, this was an "anticipated" pregnancy
- Side note: why does everyone ask, "Is Ben excited?" - of course he is. What do you expect me to say, "Oh, he's just hoping it's his..." C'mon people
- Another side note: When did it become appropriate to ask someone if their newly announced pregnancy was planned? Personally, I think that's awkward
- We are planning to find out the baby's gender, hopefully sometime next month
- My due date is June 19, 2012 - the day after my sister's birthday
So YAY! Little Baby Eckerson, which I have fondly been referring to as either "Junebug" or "Bacon" will be here before we know it and I'm so excited to share the journey with you gals