To quote the great John Bon Jovi:
"We've got each other, and that's a lot for love. We'll give it a shot"
Oh, we're halfway there. Oh, livin' on a prayer.
Take my hand and we'll make it I swear..."
PS: for that little Tuesday pick-me-up, you're welcome. And if Bon Jovi doesn't pick you up, we're probably not friends.
|Why are pictures of people holding bananas so phallic?|
Am I just a 12-year old?
Anyway, onto the deets...
- How far along?: 20 weeks, y'all! Hallelujah I am half-way through with cooking this kid.
- How big is baby?: According to What to Expect, she'll be a banana tomorrow (I don't know why they start the new fruit on Xweeks and 1day). She's approximately 7 inches long and weighs 11 ounces. Wow, that is nuts.
- Weight gain?: Ben bought a scale for the house, the purchase of which I was adamantly opposed to, but it's made me obsessive about checking my weight. And guess what - I'm holding strong at 0lbs gained. Awesome! And wearing pre-pregnancy Hudson jeans today.
- Stretch marks?: None, as far as I can see! I'm scared to look too hard
- Maternity clothes?: I have a few staples but mostly I'm wearing normal stuff, just lots of leggings. I need to get my maternity jeans hemmed so I can start rocking those more because gosh! they're comfy.
- Sleep?: Still haven't invested in a pregnancy pillow (boo!) but I've found I've been sleeping a little bit better the past few days. I've just given into the fact that I'm going to wake up on my right side. The early mornings have become a very fun time, because she tends to visibly gravitate to my right side (even if I'm sleeping on my left side) and I've been able to coax a little reaction out of her. It's our quiet time together.
- Best moment last week?: Finding out my dear friend who's due the day after me is (still) having a boy. They told her at 12 weeks it was a "he" but they confirmed and they even announced his name. So excited my little sweetheart has her first boyfriend!
- Food cravings?: Sweets. I actually want chocolate, which I haven't really craved the whole pregnancy. I had a huge heated up brownie with ice cream & chocolate syrup at the bar last night. I'm sorry, if you all get to have your delicious beers, I'm having a brownie ... and I'm NOT sharing.
- Symptoms?: I was sick all day Sunday - yuck. But feeling fine since then. I also think I'm having some drainage in the back of my throat, but it's probably unrelated to pregnancy.
- Exercise?: I feel an extreme sense of accomplishment in going to yoga each week, until I see the girls in my class who are 36 weeks along and killin' it. Then I feel like a loser ... but I keep going and I'm enjoying it. Baby is too!
- Gender?: Hopefully still a girl, haha.
- Movement?: A little bit of faint movement both internally and externally. Of course, I'm just guessing on this, but how does anyone really know what a baby moving inside you feels like?!
- Belly button?: Definitely getting noticeably (to me) shallower.
- What I miss?: I get this weird taste in my mouth that lingers with me after I eat anything sweet ... I miss not having that. And also, winter beers.
- Labor signs?: Nope
- What I'm looking forward to?: My mom & her friend are coming down this wknd to paint her nursery! I'm so excited to pick out the paint and see the room begin to transform to being her space.