Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Recipe: Cucumbers with Cream Cheese

Ah ha! A post where I DON'T talk about the baby. How does that make you feel, readers?

Well, I can hardly call this a recipe. Also, I forgot to take a picture, so I'm stealing the inspiration picture from Alisa Burke, by way of Pinterest.

Mine didn't exactly look like that, but they were adorably displayed on my favorite Crate & Barrel platter (a wedding gift from my friend Aubrey) and they were delicious ... even for Baby Bacon, who was not really tolerating veggies at the time. I made them for my Girly Christmas Party and they were a hit!

Ingredients

  • 2 Cucumbers
  • 1 8oz pkg of Neufchatel Cheese (low-fat cream cheese)
  • Basil, Sage, Oregano, Chives - or any combination thereof!
  • Dried Dill Weed


Directions
Optional: Peel cucumbers in an alternating pattern like the above - this basically just means you peel a strip all the way down, then leave equal amount of green, then peel another strip, and so on. It's so simple and makes it look pretty!

  1. Slice cucumbers into thick slices
  2. Heat cream cheese in microwave to soften
  3. Mix in a variety of herbs to your liking
  4. Scoop dollop of herbed cream cheese onto each cucumber slice
  5. Top with one shake of dill weed

I should mention here that you can (should) refrigerate them right up until the point of serving. Nobody likes a room temperature cuke!

Great party appetizer - bite-size, finger foods, no mess and they're healthy!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!
    Cucumber, cream cheese and dill... What a winning combo!
    If I didn't have a gut full of baby I'd be tempted to throw some smoked salmon on there too!

    ReplyDelete