Friday, January 27, 2012

19 weeks and counting


She's definitely longer than this mango

  1. How far along?: 19 weeks 3 days
  2. How big is baby?: According to What to Expect, still a mango (6.5 inches long, 10 oz in weight - baby girl is getting BIG!)
  3. Weight gain?: as far as I know, still 0 lbs! So excited to be back even with my pregnancy weight and not gaining anything yet. Wearing my pre-preg skinny jeans today. However, my boobs are ginormous and I learned the hard way that there are a few tops no longer appropriate to be worn in public.
  4. Stretch marks?: None, as far as I can see! I'm scared to look too hard
  5. Maternity clothes?: I'm wearing one of my Gap maternity t-shirts today since the aforementioned incident with a button down this morning. I have a few staples but mostly I'm wearing normal stuff, just lots of leggings.
  6. Sleep?: I fall asleep on the couch almost every night between 9:30 - 10:30, and sleep there for a few hours until Ben is ready for bed. I'm unable to sleep straight through from 1-7 anymore because I get uncomfortable and/or roll around ... seriously thinking about investing in a pregnancy pillow. Thoughts? Suggestions?
  7. Best moment last week?: Buttoning my skinny jeans this morning. Also, everyone who tells me I'm still tiny - God bless you!
  8. Food cravings?: McDonald's cheeseburger, fries - both dipped in sweet and sour sauce - and a Hi-C orange. Oh, and any kind of ice cream!
  9. Symptoms?: Sorry if this is TMI - wait, no I'm not, this is my blog, if it's TMI then you can leave. My nipples are SO swollen and tender. Like, puffy. It's gross and awful and painful all at the same time. And the discharge ... really? REALLY?!
  10. Exercise?: Taking a prenatal yoga class once a week still - mamaste!
  11. Gender?: Baby L is a sweet little girl and we have the pictures (and pint-sized wardrobe) to prove it!
  12. Movement?: This week in yoga, during our 10 minutes of savasana, I was "visualizing my baby" (as our instructor says in a soothing voice) and holding my belly, and I swear I felt her move - like, actually, with my hands felt it. Nuts!
  13. Belly button?: Still in, but not as deep. It's like, shallow, but then the bottom part is elongating. Pregnancy is so weird.
  14. What I miss?: Sleeping through the night
  15. Labor signs?: Nope
  16. What I'm looking forward to?: Officially being half-way through on Tuesday! It feels very monumental to me, I don't know why.
Not my cutest, but you get the drift.
Not much has changed!
I should mention, we got L's crib AND infant carseat last weekend. It was a huge accomplishment, because, even if we don't get her anything else, we can bring her home and we can put her to sleep in her bed! OK, so we probably have to get a mattress and sheets, but you know what I mean. The crib was a find from the Kids Exchange consignment expo at the fairgrounds. Talk about overwhelming! But it was one I had been eyeing from Babies R Us and was half the price of buying it new. So Ben will be giving it a good bleaching and a new coat of paint, and voila! She has a bed. It's exciting, even though it's still in pieces in my car. The other big purchase, her infant carseat, was from Buy Buy Baby. We were registering (oh my gosh, what an exhausting process!) and had decided on the Graco Snugride but were having a hard time deciding which colors. Going back and forth between red & gray, we went over to the pack & plays and there on the clearance rack was the exact same red carrier we'd been looking at - for way less! It was an "open box" special but was brand new and came with a base. They even let us use a 20% off coupon, so we walked away with our brand new Graco infant carrier for less than $100. Awesome productive weekend.


Oh yeah, and we did at least start the registering process. And what a process it is! We decided to go with Buy Buy Baby because it's so close to us, and Pottery Barn Kids because I just love their bedding. If you see anything we're missing, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I just got a body pillow from Target and it was maaaybe my favorite pregnancy thing ever. It was affectionately known as Fernando and Andrew would always say, "I feel like Fernando is coming between us." And he totally was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get the body pillow...you will not regret it. I didnt have one with my daughter but I did with my son...I slept much better with one. You are very tiny still for being halfway done baking baby L. Is her name going to be revealed before she is born or once she is here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gut totally busted out after hitting halfway, and I think yours will be the same... One morning not much, the next "hello baby"!
    I'm struggling with sleep at times too! I get pins and needles in my arms that wake me up!

    ReplyDelete