Tuesday, January 31, 2012

20 Weeks, Hooray!


To quote the great John Bon Jovi:

"We've got each other, and that's a lot for love. We'll give it a shot"
Oh, we're halfway there. Oh, livin' on a prayer.
Take my hand and we'll make it I swear..."

PS: for that little Tuesday pick-me-up, you're welcome. And if Bon Jovi doesn't pick you up, we're probably not friends.

But forreal, think about those words. Especially if you are, or ever have been, pregnant. Two people, trying to figure it out as they go... And that's enough. Enough to create life. Enough to RAISE A CHILD. It's insane, but incredibly awesome. I might get a little pregnancy-hormone-crazy on him once in awhile everyday but I could not imagine going through this journey / adventure / INSANE live change without my husband. And our sweet Lord who has been so good to us thus far, especially since embarking on this chapter of our lives together. He is so good, Amen?
Why are pictures of people holding bananas so phallic?
Am I just a 12-year old?

Anyway, onto the deets...

  1. How far along?: 20 weeks, y'all! Hallelujah I am half-way through with cooking this kid.
  2. How big is baby?: According to What to Expect, she'll be a banana tomorrow (I don't know why they start the new fruit on Xweeks and 1day). She's approximately 7 inches long and weighs 11 ounces. Wow, that is nuts. 
  3. Weight gain?: Ben bought a scale for the house, the purchase of which I was adamantly opposed to, but it's made me obsessive about checking my weight. And guess what - I'm holding strong at 0lbs gained. Awesome! And wearing pre-pregnancy Hudson jeans today.
  4. Stretch marks?: None, as far as I can see! I'm scared to look too hard
  5. Maternity clothes?: I have a few staples but mostly I'm wearing normal stuff, just lots of leggings. I need to get my maternity jeans hemmed so I can start rocking those more because gosh! they're comfy.
  6. Sleep?: Still haven't invested in a pregnancy pillow (boo!) but I've found I've been sleeping a little bit better the past few days. I've just given into the fact that I'm going to wake up on my right side. The early mornings have become a very fun time, because she tends to visibly gravitate to my right side (even if I'm sleeping on my left side) and I've been able to coax a little reaction out of her. It's our quiet time together.
  7. Best moment last week?: Finding out my dear friend who's due the day after me is (still) having a boy. They told her at 12 weeks it was a "he" but they confirmed and they even announced his name. So excited my little sweetheart has her first boyfriend!
  8. Food cravings?: Sweets. I actually want chocolate, which I haven't really craved the whole pregnancy. I had a huge heated up brownie with ice cream & chocolate syrup at the bar last night. I'm sorry, if you all get to have your delicious beers, I'm having a brownie ... and I'm NOT sharing.
  9. Symptoms?: I was sick all day Sunday - yuck. But feeling fine since then. I also think I'm having some drainage in the back of my throat, but it's probably unrelated to pregnancy.
  10. Exercise?: I feel an extreme sense of accomplishment in going to yoga each week, until I see the girls in my class who are 36 weeks along and killin' it. Then I feel like a loser ... but I keep going and I'm enjoying it. Baby is too!
  11. Gender?: Hopefully still a girl, haha.
  12. Movement?: A little bit of faint movement both internally and externally. Of course, I'm just guessing on this, but how does anyone really know what a baby moving inside you feels like?! 
  13. Belly button?: Definitely getting noticeably (to me) shallower.
  14. What I miss?: I get this weird taste in my mouth that lingers with me after I eat anything sweet ... I miss not having that. And also, winter beers.
  15. Labor signs?: Nope
  16. What I'm looking forward to?: My mom & her friend are coming down this wknd to paint her nursery! I'm so excited to pick out the paint and see the room begin to transform to being her space. 

4 comments:

  1. you are so adorable pregnant! and if you are 12 yrs old so am I cause I thought the same thing before I read your banana comment. I think it is HOW the person is holding it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the baby movements were the only thing I truly loved about pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownies vs Beer... Great idea!!
    Eventually you'll be one of the 36 week mamas killing the pregnancy yoga class and people will be jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I've read this blog, I've sung this song at least once every day. Love it!

    ReplyDelete