Other new developments in baby-land:
- How far along?: 15 weeks 6 days
- How big is baby?: According to What to Expect, an avocado (4-5 inches long, 3-5 oz)
- Weight gain?: I don't own a scale. Who needs that kind of negativity in their home?! I reserve mine for the doctor's office, so we'll find out on 1/13. But my skinny jeans still fit!
- Stretch marks?: None yet. Using Body Butter religiously after showers
- Maternity clothes?: I still have no need for maternity clothes yet, but I'm taking advantage of a few cozy tops with my regular leggings ... just because they're comfortable
- Sleep?: Can't sleep in late (any time after 8:30) and now I can't really nap anymore :( Why does this baby hate sleep?!
- Best moment last week?: We were out to dinner with friends (12/29) and Ben reached over and laid his hand on my stomach, all the while continuing the conversations we were having. So sweet!
- Food cravings?: A little bit of everything! But I'm loving spicy foods, despite the horrible heartburn they give me
- Symptoms?: My boobs all of a sudden got bigger? Mom bought me two new bras at Victoria's secret last week and I had to get 38D for the cups to be big enough. Oi vey!
- Exercise?: none, still. My body didn't get the memo about second trimester energy surges.
- Gender?: finding out 1/13, I go back and forth on what I want / think it is.
- Movement?: PRETTY sure I felt it for the first time! Laying very still on my back, I felt (what felt like) a kick, and then a somersault. So freaking cool.
- Belly button?: Still in, but not as deep.
- What I miss?: Ahi tuna
- Labor signs?: Better not have these yet.
- What I'm looking forward to?: Finding out if it's a HE or a SHE. These two weeks are going to crawl!
The other "Christmas gift" I got from baby was that I'm starting to show. Or something. I'm mostly just starting to look like I ate too many holiday cookies (hint: I did!) but it's fun for the people who know me and are looking for the bump, and it was fun to come back to work today to show off the new bulge. Again, still in my regular clothes, so it's not too out of control yet! I feel fortunate because some of my friends who are due around the same time are already busting out of their normal clothes. I guess this is one of the perks of being a giant? Keep in mind, it gets bigger as the day goes on, so I think it's mostly just all the calories I'm consuming these days. This pic was taken in the evening, so it looks big!
Anyone else have pictures of themselves at this stage? Would love to compare!
Hope you all had as blessed of a Christmas as we did <3