Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Letters to London: Sleeping Beauty

Dear sweet baby,

Sleep is a hot commodity these days, so I feel like I should be taking advantage of every single minute you're actually asleep. I should be sleeping, myself - not writing this. And certainly not spending the extra 10 minutes (sometimes longer!) each night watching you sleep. But I can't help it.

You're just. so. perfect.

You're perfect all the time, at least your dad and I think so. But I tell you what, when you fall asleep in my arms - there is not a sight in this world more beautiful than that. It makes me fall in love with you all over again, every night.

Tonight, I kissed your sweet little mouth and you instantly sighed and fell into a heavy breathing, like you felt the love I have for you and knew all was right in the world. And the little sleep smiles I occasionally catch - ah! I die.

You know, now that I think about it, you're so precious when you sleep ... You should probably do it more. I could only imagine how beautiful you'd look sleeping 4 or 5 hours in a row ;)

I think I'll be using your video monitor until you go to college. I can't imagine ill ever get tired of watching you sleep. I never understood parents doing that, until now.

XOXO,
Your mama

PS: I wasn't joking about sleeping more. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment