Friday, December 14, 2012

Recipe: Coconut Shrimp Curry

I LOVE a good curry. Love. It's all I wanted for probably 4 months of my pregnancy. And I will never turn it down even now. So ever since my friend Abby posted this recipe, I've been dying to make it. And great news (for my belly) - I've actually been cooking over the past couple weeks. Gasp! Yes, it's been glorious.

Ingredients

  • Canola oil (or coconut oil if you have it; I didn't)
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 cup potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes (about 1/2 of a large potato)
  • 7 oz coconut milk
  • 7 oz milk
  • 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp honey (or sugar if you don't have honey)
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 3/4 cup frozen peas

Directions

  1. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high heat
  2. Add curry powder; cook for about two minutes (at this point, your kitchen will smell AMAZING)
  3. Stir in garlic; cook for about one minute
  4. Mix in potatoes, then coconut milk, then milk; then shrimp, tomatoes, tomato past, honey and chili powder
  5. Cover and simmer on medium low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
  6. Add frozen peas; cook for 2-3 more minutes
  7. Serve over rice (I used basmati rice because it's my favorite)

I thoroughly enjoyed this one, and it's pretty easy, honestly. No photos, sorry. I ate it too fast. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment