Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tomato & Basil Chicken Pasta

It's been awhile since I blogged a recipe. Mainly because, with two young kids and a dairy-free diet, my evenings normally consist of "oh shit, it's 5:00, I have nothing thawed. Bean burritos it is!" This digs is nothing fancy, but it was delicious, toddler approved and includes a bunch of ingredients I almost-always have on hand. 

Ingredients
2 thawed chicken breasts
1 large tomato, chopped into bite size pieces
1/2 box pasta of your choosing (I used penne, because I let London pick)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp non-dairy butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
Salt & pepper

Directions
In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil on medium-low heat
While oil is heating, begin boiling a salted pit of water for pasta; once boiling, cook pasta according to directions on box
Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper
Cook in heated olive oil until browned on each side
Add tomato, basil, garlic, & butter to frying pan and stir gently until butter is melted
Remove chicken breasts from pan and cut into large slices
Mix sauce with pasta & serve, too with sliced chicken 





No comments:

Post a Comment