Thursday, June 25, 2015

Storm brewing

This morning, the sky was red when you woke up (late for you but still earlier than I'd like). I was instantly reminded of the phrase my dad taught us growing up:

"Red sky at night, sailors delight.
Red sky at morning, sailors take warning."

It was the perfect symbolism for our day; the calm before the storm. Before anyone else in the house was up and the chaos of a busy day took over, we had a few quiet moments in the orange light of your nursery, rocking and nursing. I know these days are numbered, and that they'll be done soon. I know that I will miss them. I know I'm doing what's best for you but it doesn't make me any less nostalgic for these days, these moments, these special times of just me and you. 

Today will be hard for both of us. You'll forget the pain but I won't. Please know that everything we are doing is our feeble attempt to take care of you the best way we know how. I'm so thankful God gave you to us and I pray every day for Him to help me be a good steward of such a precious gift. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for your mama heart, Aubrey. It's such an encouragement to me and I know to so many other of your friends. You ARE being a good steward of this sweet gift God gave you. The way you have sacrificed for him over the last year and sought out answers for his wellbeing is so admirable. Praying for you both today, for strength and patience and grace.

    ReplyDelete