Thursday, September 29, 2011

I have never loved you more

I was starving, craving tacos, yawning incessantly, and sick at the thought of eating leftover meatballs for lunch and then - like my own personal food angel - my husband-of-almost-four-years just brought me this:
And I thought "I have never loved you more than I do right now." But then came a wave of guilt: Is it terrible for the love I have for my husband to increase based on something so superficial as this amazing meal and a brownie and a coke zero? Shouldn't I have an unconditional love for him, as Christ calls us to love?

The answer, of course is yes.

But the answer, to whether or not I've ever loved him more than that moment, is no.

After almost-four-years of marriage, and thirteen months of engagement, and a year of serious dating and a year of talking before that ... I have never loved my husband more. My strongest prayer today, and should always be, that I never stop loving him more than the day before.

I'm a lucky girl. And I love you, B.

No comments:

Post a Comment