Anyway, a few weeks ago, I discovered pinterest. And y'all?
I LOVE IT.
I know, this was news to you guys like 2 years ago, but bear with me. One of my favorite boards is the one I've titled "Foodie <3". I will never be the girl who can make food look like it jumped out of an issue of Real Simple, but I can make it taste good. I'm not the perfectly sliced meat, garnish on the white plate, clean counter kind of cook. I'm the hearty, down-home, casseroles and crockpots and lots of cheese kinda cook. And that is exactly the kind of cook I want to be.
Now, from this lovely board, I found this recipe and as per usual, made it my own.
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can rotel tomatoes (diced tomatoes + chiles)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 slices of jalapeno peppers (I buy mine in a jar)
- 6 oz cubed velveeta cheese
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips or strips
- Sour cream (optional)
- Dump everything (except cheese, chips & sour cream) in the crockpot
- Turn it on high for 4-6 hours
- Break apart the chicken (should shred easily) with a spoon or fork once it's cooked
- Add cheeses and some tortilla chips and let melt / dissolve for about 30 minutes
- Spoon into a giant bowl, top with some tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream