Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Craft Corner: Wine Cork Monogram

Even before I knew it, I loved pinterest. I had girlfriends send me photos, ideas, recipes, etc. from there all the time. The Wine Cork Monogram I made for Aubrey is a perfect example.

Before we go any further, I should mention, in case I haven't already, that yes - my name is Aubrey. And yes, this is a relatively unusual name, especially for women, and especially for women of my general age range. And yes, one of my best friends from age 15 until present is also named Aubrey.

Now then, back to the Wine Cork Monogram. This was a gift from me to other Aubrey for homemade Secret Seashell. And I think it's a-dor-a-ble (and so is other Aubrey) and so easy to make. 



What You'll Need:
  • Cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Print-out of letter(s) you wish to make
  • Glue Gun + Glue Sticks
  • A Shit Ton Lot of Wine Corks
  • Picture hanger, available at any craft store
sawtooth picture hanger, should come with 2 nails
  1. Cut the cardboard to fit the template of the letter you want. Hint: The thinnest part of the letter should be slightly thinner than a wine cork, so the cardboard doesn't show.
  2. Place the corks to ensure you have enough
  3. Fire up your hot glue gun and get to work!
  4. Once complete, place a heavy book or other flat object on top to ensure they're drying flush to the cardboard
  5. After they're totally dry (shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes but you can leave for a few hours just to be sure), nail in the picture hanger to the back
Again, I must give credit to The Elephant's Trunk, the blog that originated the idea for me, put in my field of knowing by Caroline. Also, to Sara Cobaugh who supplied 99% of the wine corks.


No comments:

Post a Comment