Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Craft Corner: Hand Painted Wine Glasses

It's a general consensus that Whitney over at The Pink Elephant must never sleep. Somehow, between working 75-hour weeks, hitting the gym, and attending 34 weddings a year, she finds time to craft, paint, cook, create, refurbish and dress up her little dog Olivia in hilarious costumes. I don't know how she does it!

But, lucky for us, she shares her secrets. And lucky for me, I'm a pretty good copy-cat. So here you have Whitney-inspired hand-painted wine glasses, that I made as my secret seashell gift for other Aubrey.

What You'll Need

  • (4) Wine Glasses (I got mine from the dollar store!)
  • Glass Paint & Sealant (available at A.C.Moore)
  • Thin Paint Brush
  • Print out of monogram you wish to paint


  1. Tape the monogram inside the wine glass, with the letters facing out toward you
  2. Using the print-out as a stencil, paint with your desired color of glass paint
  3. Let dry for recommended period (I think it's probably overnight, but the paint should say)
  4. Repaint with sealant
  5. Let dry for 10 days


Whitney used these as a bridal shower favor, mine was a gift for a friend who's about to get married ... either way, it's an inexpensive yet thoughtful - and useful - gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment