Monday, November 5, 2012

Recipe: White Sangria

I obviously have never thrown a baptism reception before, but I knew what I wanted it to look like. Pink & white; fresh, crisp and clean; more luncheon and less backyard bbq. Somehow With the help of my best friend, I was able to achieve exactly what I was going for. It was feminine but adult, minimal but not haphazard. And the best part was that everything was done when we left for the church, so all I had to do was pull things out of the fridge and the party was set.

I will never not take off the Friday before I host a party, Amen?

I'm going to break the reception down into several posts because there were several good recipes, but here's the first (and arguably the most important):

Strawberry Lemon White Wine Sangria
(you could probably just call it "white sangria")

Ingredients

  • 2 lemons, thinly sliced
  • 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
  • 1 cup strawberries, tops cut off and quartered
  • 1 750 mL bottle Sauvignon Blanc (or other white wine)
  • 1/2 cup Bacardi (or other white rum)
  • 4 cups Sprite (or other lemon-lime soda)

Directions

  1. Add fruit to pitcher
  2. Pour wine and rum over top of fruit
  3. Cover and refrigerate overnight or longer (I made it Friday night and served it Sunday morning)
  4. Add soda immediately before serving

So refreshing! Even though it was October, it was still delicious. And it wasn't too strong! This would be great for a girl baby shower or wedding shower, and you could customize the fruit to your theme (blueberries and lemon for a boy baby shower, etc).

Photo credit: Alina Patel

No comments:

Post a Comment