I will never not take off the Friday before I host a party, Amen?
I'm going to break the reception down into several posts because there were several good recipes, but here's the first (and arguably the most important):
Strawberry Lemon White Wine Sangria
(you could probably just call it "white sangria")
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, tops cut off and quartered
- 1 750 mL bottle Sauvignon Blanc (or other white wine)
- 1/2 cup Bacardi (or other white rum)
- 4 cups Sprite (or other lemon-lime soda)
- Add fruit to pitcher
- Pour wine and rum over top of fruit
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or longer (I made it Friday night and served it Sunday morning)
- Add soda immediately before serving
So refreshing! Even though it was October, it was still delicious. And it wasn't too strong! This would be great for a girl baby shower or wedding shower, and you could customize the fruit to your theme (blueberries and lemon for a boy baby shower, etc).
|Photo credit: Alina Patel|