So here's what's up: we are having a time of it. I hate to ask for prayer for such seemingly trivial things like baby sniffles, but this prayer isn't for ME, it's for the BABY ... so it's ok, right? Don't get me wrong, I personally don't mind asking God to help with seemingly trivial things, I just hate to burden other people to ask Him for my trivial things when they could have very big things to ask Him for ... or their own trivial things. Whatever. But I know His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Did you follow all that?
London is sick. Currently, she's snoring on the couch next to me, because she's so congested she can hardly breathe. It's depressing. Almost as depressing as her greasy Donald Trump comb-over hair. Looks like mommy needs to give daddy a lesson in bath time, am I right?
But I digress ... the child has been congested for what feels like weeks. I get it, she's in daycare, she's going to get sick. We humidify. We saline-ate. We snot-suck. And the congestion continues. The past few mornings, she's thrown up after she eats "breakfast" (AKA boobie milk). And she started coughing, but I wasn't really sure if it was a real cough or if she was just coughing because she figured out how and it amuses her. The kid is adorable, what can I say? Anyway, yesterday, she was running a low-grade fever, and that was about enough for me. Since I couldn't send her to school anyway, we went to see Dr. Seidel. Ears are good, chest is good, yadda yadda just a cold. I admit, it's good to hear your child's pediatrician say you're already doing everything you can, but it's also somewhat frustrating. Can't I do MORE? I'm a doer, you know?
|she's still pretty|
|If that doesn't just break your heart|
- Pray for her comfort, because right now she has very little; specifically, for the fever to break and her congestion to ease up.
- Pray for Ben & I to properly care for her, and not to take our frustrations at her illness out on each other.
- Pray for the doctors to be thorough in her care, but not to rush toward medicinal intervention unless it's necessary.
- Pray she is healthy enough to return to school on Tuesday, because we are quickly wearing out our ability to work from home.
- Pray that no one else, among our family, friends, coworkers or her class, gets whatever is plaguing her sweet little body.
Thank you, sincerely, for any talking to The Father you can do on our behalf.