|So phallic ...|
- How far along?: 26 weeks 3 days
- How big is baby?: According to What to Expect, she is 15 inches long (they're now measuring head to feet!), weighs 2.2lbs, and is the size of a cucumber. Our friend Rob has been looking forward to the vegetable change and I have to imagine he'll be as disappointed with this week's choice as I am. A cucumber? That is in no way bigger than an eggplant. I went to the grocery store and held one, they are not 15 inches long, nor are they 2 lbs in weight.
- Weight gain?: Holy Lord. I am embarrassed at how much I've gained and how fast. My doctor said I'm fine based on how far along in the pregnancy I am, but I am gaining in fast and furious and I am so nervous about it. Seriously, I cried a little bit. And no, I'm not telling y'all how much it is.
- Stretch marks?: None, as far as I can see!
- Maternity clothes?: I need shorts! The ones I'm wearing today are hanging on by a thread (or in this case, a rubber band) and it was 88 degrees yesterday SO I'm gonna have to do something. Leggings & Jeans are not gonna cut it for this fatty.
- Sleep?: Awful. Mostly due to the coughing / sickness I've been fighting for over a week. I'm waking up several times a night and have even slept on the couch a few times this week.
- Best moment last week?: Finding out I do NOT have gestational diabetes. What a relief!
- Food cravings?: Since I've been sick, nothing really tastes good. That being said, I made Ben get me Chili's takeout earlier this week and I ate the chicken enchilada soup today for lunch. Oh my goodness, I could eat 6 bowls of that. Also, Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream treats. DELISH!
- Symptoms?: All the symptoms are being masked by this stupid cold.
- Exercise?: Yoga-ing. Our session ends at the end of the month so I'm going to sign up for a partial session through June
- Gender?: Sweet little girly girl
- Movement?: Baby girl loves some spicy food! I don't care if they say the baby doesn't get your food until 2 hours later, as soon as I start eating spicy foods she starts going nuts. Also, she is a total daddy's girl already. She can be perfectly still and Ben will put his hand on my stomach and BAM! Hey Dad!
- Belly button?: Still in! I am really hoping it stays that way, honestly. I can deal with shallow, but not an outtie.
- What I miss?: Cocktails. I made virgin pina coladas the other night. Not the same.
- Labor signs?: I thought I might be having a contraction last week, because I had a horrible debilitating pain that stopped me in my tracks, but that was it - just once. And the doctor said, as with everything I ask him about, "It's normal"
- What I'm looking forward to?: I feel like I say this every week, but doing more work on the nursery. We still have so much to do, and each week we put it off for something else.
|You can probably see I'm sick by how swollen my eyes are.|
Let's blame the sickness for how swollen my belly is, too, shall we?
For your viewing pleasure (mostly for my curiosity), I did a side by side comparison. *sigh* I think I'm getting fat-face. Here's hoping it's just the cold!