|Yes, I found this "recipe" on the side of the cereal box.|
Don't you come to my blog and judge me!
- 5 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Optional: Shaved Coconut*
*Tips: The recipe called for 1 cup butterscotch chips instead of white chocolate, but I didn't have those. I'm sure they would be even more delicious. The recipe did NOT call for coconut, but my tummy did, so I put shavings on top of half the bars, because Ben doesn't like coconut. That man is crazy.
- Melt peanut butter and all the chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring continuously and being sure not to cook too long, as it'll get all crusty.
- Combine corn flakes into pan - I recommend doing this in smaller portions to make stirring / combining the mixture a little bit easier
- Once the corn flakes are totally coated in the pb/chocolate mixture, pour all of it into a greased baking pan. You could probably use an 8x8 square glass pan or a small rectangular pan, but a 9x13 is probably going to make them too thin.
- If you want to add the coconut, top the bars with it now.
- Press down with a sheet of wax or parchment paper to condense, and leave to cool.
- Once completely cooled, cut into bars, and eat 17 of them with a glass of milk. It's cool, the milk makes it a healthy snack.