Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Banana (and strawberry) Muffins

We are big muffin eaters in this house, mostly because our mornings are busy and Ben & I aren't big breakfast eaters. I've been buying mixes & adding my own fruit, but decided to give this one a try (found here via Pinterest: http://www.welltraveledwife.com/2012/09/oatmeal-banana-breakfast-muffins.html?m=1 ). You can easily adapt this to make it gluten-free if that's your thing!

This is a great recipe to modify to your liking. The "(and strawberry)" is because I only had strawberry Greek yogurt in the house, but you can use plain or any flavor you like. You could add chocolate chips. You could throw a few fresh strawberries into the mix (I chickened out but now wish I had tried it!). It's pretty easy and definitely something I'll be making again. 

Ingredients
2 1/3 cup instant oats
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 container (6oz) strawberry Greek yogurt
2 ripe bananas
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda 

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or use liners (makes 12 muffins)
Put all ingredients in blender (I added the oats about a 1/2 cup at a time) until totally mixed
Pour into muffin tin - they will be pretty full
Bake 15min (check with a toothpick around 13, may need as long as 20; my oven cooks pretty hot)
Remove from tin immediately and place on cooling rack
I recommend storing these in the fridge because there's yogurt and fresh fruit in there!


No comments:

Post a Comment