Friday, June 15, 2012

Recipe: Award-Winning Oreo Cake

Yes, Award-Winning. I won an award for something I baked. Actually, I won three awards: #1 Taste, #1 Presentation and Grand Prize. I never thought I'd see the day - I am not a good baker in any sense of the word, so you can assume this recipe is somewhat easy and somewhat fool proof. A coworker hosted a bake-off in honor of his birthday (what a great idea, right?!) and this was something that I've had pinned for awhile, so here it is. I was rewarded with coworkers' compliments, Target gift cards and trophies that currently proudly adorn my desk.


My adorable trophies
And a lovely view of Cody. You're welcome

I know this goes without saying, but Pinterest directed me toward the original site.

Ingredients

  • 1 box devil's food cake
  • 4 squares Baker's semisweet chocolate
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups cool whip, thawed
  • 12 oreo cookies, crushed

Now you know why I won best presentation
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Prepare cake batter as directed on box and bake in 2 round pans
  3. Let cakes cool for 10 minutes in pans, 1 hour on wire cooling rack
    (or longer if you're 9 months pregnant and can't get your lazy ass off the couch)
  4. Microwave chocolate and butter for 2 minutes or until butter is completely melted
  5. Stir mixture until chocolate is completely melted
  6. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl; fold in cool whip, then oreo cookies
  7. Layer: Cake, Cream Cheese Mixture, Cake, Chocolate Glaze Mixture
  8. Refrigerate until 10 minutes before serving

The best part is, if you're pregnant, you can lick the spoon of the chocolate glaze OR the cream cheese mixture. Who knew I'd miss raw cookie dough so much?!
Instagram makes everything look more delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment