Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Recipe: Breakfast Smoothie

I have no photos, but this morning's smoothie was too delicious and filling not to share. I've been having a lot of smoothies lately, but my doctor advised I might be getting too much sugar / not enough protein in the mornings so I modified and, after a little experimentation, came up with this awesomeness. The best part about smoothies, of course, is that you can pretty much throw in whatever you want / have in the blender and it'll be delightful.

This is enough for two good-size smoothies, because I'm a good wife and I make my husband breakfast. All right, if we're being honest, I make myself breakfast and double it for my husband. Whatever, details.

Ingredients

  • 2 bananas
  • 1/4 cup carnation instant breakfast, chocolate
    (you could use cocoa powder if you don't have carnation instant breakfast)
  • 1/4 cup 1% milk
  • Two handfuls of ice cubes (approximately 8-10 ice cubes)
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter

Ta-da! I've also made the same type without peanut butter, but a little protein in the morning is good for everyone, not just preggers. You could also probably opt out of the chocolate altogether if you don't care for chocolate (what's wrong with you?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment