- How far along?: 21 weeks 3 days
- How big is baby?: According to What to Expect, she is the size of a spaghetti squash (I actually had to google that, because I don't like squash and had no idea what one looked like). L is approximately 8 inches long and weighs 1 POUND! Can you believe that, a whole pound? She's so big now, getting adorable fat on her bones. I can't wait to squeeze her chubby cheeks!
- Weight gain?: As of Monday, my doctor said I have gained 2 lbs. I thought I would be upset about finally gaining weight, but then I talk to all these women who have already gained 10 lbs or more and I am feeling ok about it. Just need to make sure it stays slow & steady, to avoid risk of retaining water, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, etc.
- Stretch marks?: None, as far as I can see! I just started using a new body butter from Bath and Body Works and it smells fantastic, I can smell it all day long.
- Maternity clothes?: The time has finally come for me to invest in more maternity clothes. My clients were in the office this week so I was trying to a) dress professionally and b) disguise the bump. This task was WAY more difficult than I thought! I went through three pairs of dress pants before I finally rubber-banded the button closed, and the next day I gave up and wore a skirt with a wide belt. A lot of clothes got moved to the post-baby closet this week, so I'm hoping I can pick up a few more things this weekend, especially with my first shower happening in two weeks.
- Sleep?: Feeling very grateful for the sleep I do get after talking to other pregnant women! L lets me sleep from about 12 or 1 until about 6 or 7 without any interruptions. Granted, I have to pee so bad when I wake up that it hurts, but I NEED that sleep. Still taking couch naps almost every single night.
- Best moment last week?: Getting her nursery painted (thanks mom!)! It's a beautiful steel-gray and I think it's going to be so perfect with all the white furniture. We also got her quilt in the mail last night (thanks mom, again!) and the pink and white is just perfect. We had picked out some separates from Pottery Barn Kids but when we saw it in person, it was more taupe than gray - not what I wanted. So we started over with the bedding and picked a beautiful set from Land of Nod - I'm thrilled with it.
- Food cravings?: Chili from Tyler's and fries from Bull McCabe's. Possibly together?
- Symptoms?: I got an infection - yuck - but got some meds on Monday and everything appears to be good now. My nipples are still SO sensitive, and huge, and sometimes swollen. My hips / butt have been really bothering me, I've noticed that especially in yoga. I've yet to get that "pregnancy glow" or "second trimester energy" that everyone
liestells you about, but at least it's better than the first trimester!
- Exercise?: Yoga makes me so happy.
- Gender?: Someone mentioned that "they can make mistakes, you know", in regards to the gender, and Ben responded that - if it is a boy, he's going to have serious issues. Haha, Baby L had no problem showing us her girly parts.
- Movement?: Still really faint, but my mom & sister both said they felt her last weekend. Ben hasn't yet :(
- Belly button?: Definitely getting noticeably (to me) shallower, but still in.
- What I miss?: Not having everyone tell me what I can and cannot do 24/7.
- Labor signs?: Nope.
- What I'm looking forward to?: Hopefully getting some more maternity clothes this weekend - specifically something to wear to my shower on the 25th. And working on some crafts for my two pregnant friends!
Friday, February 10, 2012
Despite the fact that I have two blog posts "in waiting" to be posted, I'm starting a third. Don't hate on me, bloggies, I do what I want. Besides, if you've seen any of the
bullshit advice all over my facebook wall, you know this is NOT the week to mess with me. That's another story for another day (or possibly another blog post, I haven't decided if I'm going to post it or not), so we'll try to keep this positive, because - guess what y'all! Even if L decides to come at the latest possible moment they'll let her, I am still halfway there. We are just about 4 months away from meeting our little girl, how cool is that?!