Monday, February 6, 2012

Recipe: Pigs in a Blanket

This is just silly. But I'm posting it all the same because I am so behind on my recipe posts and because the Super Bowl was yesterday and, let's be honest, you can't have a super bowl party without pigs in a blanket. Have you ever bought them frozen from the store? Because I have, and those suckers are expensive. Why?! I don't get it! It's pastry & hot dog. Anyway, make your own, because they're cheap and because, really, who doesn't love pigs in a blanket?

Disclaimer: I only had one, since I'm not really supposed to have processed meat or whatever. Stupid pregnancy.

Ingredients

  • 2 cans crescent rolls
  • 1 pkg cocktail wieners 

Directions


 
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F - just follow the directions on the can of crescent rolls
  2. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray - or, for easy clean-up, line with foil then spray
  3. Roll out pre-cut crescents and cut length-wise so each can makes 16 half-crescents
  4. Don't cut them width-wise or else your blankets will look special, like this

    Don't worry, Ben ate the special ones
  5. Wrap, starting with the wide end, one hot dog in each half-crescent
  6. Line on cookie sheet, like a cute little army of pigs in blankets
  7. Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown
  8. Serve warm (duh) with ketchup and/or mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment