Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How the heck are we at 30 weeks already?



  1. How far along?: 30 weeks 1 day! Oh my gosh, I am 3/4ths of the way through my pregnancy, that is JUST PLAIN NUTS.
    Taken this morning...
    Don't worry, I put a shirt on over that tank
    Let's be honest, no one wants to see that
  2. How big is baby?: According to What to Expect, she is now the size of a head of lettuce - let's just hope her head isn't the size of a head of lettuce ... ouch! She is about 18 inches long and should weigh 3lbs 2oz. Her heart rate was in the 140s yesterday at our appointment, which is great (it's normal to slow down as they grow - she used to be in the 160s), and my belly is measuring at 31 weeks which is perfect!
    This old man looks nice.
    Maybe I'll let him hold the baby when she's born...
    IF he washes his hands and brings me a casserole ;)
  3. Weight gain?: 13 lbs. Praise Jesus! I was so worried at how fast I was gaining (after not gaining for so long) but somehow I've only gained a pound since my last appointment four weeks ago. Grace said to me yesterday, "I honestly don't know how you can eat as much candy as you do and only gain one pound!" - she's right. I eat so many sweets, it's disgusting! But delightful (especially all this Easter candy - big thanks to my mom and mother-in-law!)
  4. Stretch marks?: Still none, let's hope it stays that way. After searching drug stores and Ulta, I ended up back at Bath & Body Works for their body butter. It smells good and feels good, and it appears to be working so far, so why mess with a good thing?
  5. Maternity clothes?: Still running through my new-to-me wardrobe passed down from Sloan, which is a Godsend because nothing else in my closet fits me. Easter Sunday was such a struggle! I ended up in an elastic-waist white skirt from Old Navy (that I've had for years) and a long cardigan that, I later found out, stuck out below my belly. Cute, real cute.
  6. Sleep?: Dr. Segal confirmed that the coughing is most likely reflux, so he said I can take a Pepcid before bed (in addition to the one in the morning) and it should help. I tried it last night and I slept better than I have in awhile, so here's hoping that's the trick!
  7. Best moment last week?: I love our doctor's appointments, and I'm actually kind-of excited that we now get to start going every two weeks. Hearing her sweet heartbeat and being told that we're both right on track is so reassuring. Non-baby related, church on Easter was really nice!
  8. Food cravings?: Fried fish - what? So weird. I'm blaming this on the brain development she's experiencing this week. 
  9. Symptoms?: My hips / butt / thighs get so sore if I sit for too long, especially if I'm crossing my legs, that I kind-of have the pregnant girl waddle when I first stand up. I'm sure that's adorable (that was sarcasm, it's not). Heartburn is still kicking my ass but they say that means she'll have a head of hair so that's a perk. 
  10. Exercise?: Week two of doing virtually nothing (although getting to and from work from the parking deck is exercise in my book!) because we were in between yoga sessions for one week, and tonight we have a meeting with a pediatrician. But I'll resume next week and can't wait to meet the new girls in my class!
  11. Gender?: 
  12. Movement?: Her movement appears to be less frequent and less strong than it used to be. When I feel her, it's often a "one-off" type wiggle or kick, and a lot of times it's been so far toward my back or so low that it can't even be felt from the outside. I feel bad because Ben hasn't really gotten to feel her in awhile, but I hope that means she still has lots of room! Also, the hiccups. At least once a day, she gets them, down in my hooha. Really kid? In an important meeting? I guess there's nothing I can do for her (or me!).
  13. Belly button?: Another week and it's still in. I'd consider this another blessing!
  14. What I miss?: Sushi - with my fish cravings this week, I'd prefer to be eating something raw and healthy than the fried greasy goodness I consumed Monday, but I'll suffer through ;)
  15. Labor signs?: Other than the fact that I'm pretty confident her head is down, none. We want her to keep cooking until June!
  16. What I'm looking forward to?: My shower this weekend - nothing beats getting spoiled by your mama, especially when pregnant!
    Just for fun: 10 weeks, 20 weeks, 30 weeks
    For the record...
    I can still wear the jeans I'm wearing in the 10 and 20 week pics

No comments:

Post a Comment