Oh, and the biggest shock? This is a Paula Deen recipe! A Paula Deen recipe with NO BUTTER! What is the world coming to?
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
(you could do this little trick if you want to be fancy)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
(Paula recommends Vidalia but I had a white onion in the fridge and it worked just fine)
- 1 tbsp (or more, to taste) dried parsley
(Paula recommends 2 tbsp fresh parsley, but there are only certain herbs I'm willing to spend money on to keep fresh in the house, only to throw it away a week later because I didn't use it, and parsley is just not one of them)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix everything (EVERYTHING) together in a large bowl
Use a glass bowl if you have it, because this salad is pretty and colorful!
- Let sit in the fridge for 10 minutes or more
Hooray! Bring it to your next cookout or pair it with some grilled chicken breasts for dinner. This serving size makes quite a bit for two people, so you can probably serve it for several meals (and, in my opinion, it's great as "leftovers")