Wednesday, May 2, 2012

33 weeks AND My 100th Blog Post!

1. How far along? 33 weeks 1 day
2. How big is baby? According to What to Expect, she is the size of a pineapple (I'm assuming this includes the green top). She's anywhere from 19-22 inches long (probably on the higher side of that if she's like her mama - I was 22.75" when I was born!) and weighs about 4.9 lbs - holy cow, getting so close to 5 lbs!

3. Weight gain? Assuming I'm at 16 lbs given my recent pound-a-week progress
4. Stretch marks? None - still very thankful for this
5. Maternity clothes? Today I'm wearing a maternity tee from Gap that my mom bought me months ago and some maternity shorts that I got from 9 In Style maternity consignment. But yesterday I was wearing a top and leggings from Express, neither of which is maternity, so I'd say I'm still mixing it up pretty well.
6. Sleep? Still in the ridiculous routine of sleeping on the couch for a few hours, then up for at least 30 minutes whenever Ben wakes me to come to bed, then sleeping until about 7 normally and forcing myself to stay in bed for another 30 minutes. The middle-of-the-night waking actually helps because it means I can go from 1 or 2am to 7am without having to pee - nice work, L.E.
7. Best moment last week? Our wonderful co-ed shower! Our sisters and Ben's mom did such a great job planning it, and we had SO many friends and family come out to celebrate with us. What a huge blessing!! I spent the day with my mom and best friend, who both drove 4 hours to be there, indulging ourselves in massages, coffee (decaf, of course), hair appointments, shopping, lunch and nails. I couldn't have asked for a better day!
8. Food cravings? I was really craving Indian food (there's a place in Morrisville that I'm obsessed with) but settled for Thai and it was delicious (coconut curry FTW). Other than that, nothing really out of the norm... although I did try to dip my chips in mustard and mayo yesterday ... don't worry, I didn't like it.
9. Symptoms? No relief from the rib pain, that now circles all the way around my back. The massage helps some but there's only so much they can do. I am, however, scheduled for two more massages between now and the due date, which is amazing. Also, just this week I've had three different strangers comment on me being pregnant, which really hasn't happened to this point unless I'm holding my belly. Guess there's no turning back now!
10. Exercise? Yoga
11. Movement? She's been more active this week, still pressing her feet up into my ribs (Ben was tickling them last night) but also stretching and kicking around. Nothing painful as long as it's not in my ribs. Still getting the hiccups all the time!
12. Belly Button? Ugh. This is a sad one. My belly button is starting to become external. It's tragic. So tragic that I took photos. WARNING: Not for the faint of heart. Also, do you see how hairy it is?! I didn't get the linea negra but all the fine hairs on my belly stick straight out now.
 
13. What I miss? Hmm ... nothing that hasn't already been mentioned, I guess! It's been a great week, so I can't complain.
14. Labor Signs? None!
15. What I'm looking forward to? My friend Jenny's wedding this weekend in San Diego! It's the last week I can travel and I am so excited to be a part of the wedding. Taking a copy of my records, of course - just to be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment