Long story short, I have been pregnant for 36 weeks and I'm beginning my 9th month of pregnancy. Or something like that. Whatever, no matter how you slice it, it's a long freakin' time. But, as everyone keeps telling me, we're in the home stretch. At most, I'll be pregnant for another 40 days. At the very very most.
So what does it mean to be 36 weeks pregnant (AKA Huge!)?
- How far along? 36 weeks 3 days
- How big is baby? According to What to Expect, she's the size of a watermelon! HOLY COW! I definitely feel like I'm carrying around a watermelon in my abdomen these days. She's anywhere from 19-22 inches long (she has most likely reached her full birth length and is just putting on fat - hooray for chubby cheeks!) and weighs about 6.5lbs.
What I feel like
- Weight gain? I'm going to assume 17lbs because I haven't weighed myself or been to the doctor this week.
- Stretch marks? None
- Maternity clothes? A girl at work just asked if this was a maternity shirt because it fit so well across my belly. What's funny to me, is that Mom bought me this shirt the weekend we found out we were having a girl, and I wore it with leggings (see below). Now, I have to wear a tank underneath to make sure my belly isn't showing! But to answer the question, it's not a maternity shirt, but it's soft and cozy and pink so I love it. I am wearing maternity jeans today, these Gap jeans have done me so well.
- Sleep? Oh man, today is NOT the day to ask me that. I woke up at 3am because Ben was not in the bed. Wandered downstairs, no husband. Wandered back upstairs, poor thing was sick in the bathroom. And let me just tell you, I could NOT get back into good sleep. Left side, stomach gurgling. Right side, coughing from reflux. Sitting straight up, hips aching. I am exhausted today.
- Best moment of last week? A sales rep took us for a spa day and I got a prenatal hot stone massage on Monday - holy moly that was amazing.
- Food cravings? The weird thing is, I never really know what I want. But I still eat, even if I'm not hungry, and then I end up too full and having my typical horrible heartburn.
- Symptoms? I had an awful calf cramp this morning, not sure if that counts. On a recommendation from a co-worker, I started seeing a chiropractor this week to try to help with the rib pain. Turns out, my hips were out of line, so hopefully the adjustment will help make sure everything is in optimal position to let this kid out. Go towards the light, London!
- Exercise? We had a substitute teacher in yoga this week and she kicked my butt a bit. She kept thinking I was only in my second trimester for some reason, and gave me (and the other 36-weekers) a high-five when we told her how far along we were. Killing it with the wall sits and squats! I'm also trying to walk more, and doing stretches in the evenings if I start to get uncomfortable on the couch.
- Movement? I've heard that baby's movement typically slows when you get close to delivery, and if that's true, we are no where close. Lately, I can tell she's getting really cramped in there because the stretching and rolling movements, while not sharp, are painful. My stomach has been really tight, with more braxton hicks contractions. Not exactly fun.
- Belly button? It's just so weird. It's not completely protruding, it just seems to have given up hope. I really really hate seeing it through my shirts.
- What I miss? This list is too long. I'm just ready for this monster to be here!
- Labor signs? I have been having pains every so often that I think are maybe contractions but nothing regular or significant.
- What I'm looking forward to? The long weekend! Hoping to get in some pool time, a cookout with friends, and I'm really trying to convince Ben that we should go to the zoo.
|21 weeks - I miss that tiny belly!|
|36 weeks - Getting huge|