So, what does it mean to be 34 weeks?
1. How far along? Well, technically, 34 weeks and 2 days. Just over 85% done.
|This is creepy|
But it's the best I could find of someone holding a cantaloupe
3. Weight gain? 16 lbs, up one pound since my last appointment two weeks ago (despite the California vacation!). Looks like, pending any ridiculous water retention or extreme last-month-weight-gain, I'll be staying under 25 lbs total and I feel really good about.
4. Stretch marks? Still none that I can tell! Of course my butt and thighs are currently in a state that is less than desirable, but I think it's just cellulite - not actual stretch marks. Heyyyy fattyyyyy.
|The groomsman I walked with, at the rehearsal|
|Jenny & all her bridesmaids on the beach|
6. Sleep? AWFUL, though not my fault or baby's. Ben came down with a cold on our trip (which he blames on me running the A/C in the hotel room) and he has been coughing all night. In my face. Awesome. I've been begging him to call our doctor because the Nyquil is just not cutting it.
|Our view from lunch.|
Can you say gorgeous?
Also, can you say sunburn?
8. Food cravings? Candy - chocolate chocolate and more chocolate. I had a peanut butter snickers AND a coconut three musketeers while we were waiting at the airport on Sunday. Ice cream. Cherry coke (finally indulged this morning - yum!). Oh, this is a great - Friday, we were at the grocery store near our hotel, and I was waiting for Ben to get some beer for the room, and then ... I spotted the bakery section. And there was this delicious-looking yellow cake with chocolate icing (my favorite these days). But it was only a half-cake, so that's ok right? Anyway, big surprise, I bought the cake, and I ended up bringing it to the hotel the day of the wedding and the bride had part of it for breakfast - so my pregnancy indulgences worked for good, not evil! Everyone deserves to have cake and champagne for breakfast on their wedding day, right?!
9. Symptoms? OMG y'all. I know I'm well past the point of apologizing for TMI, but ... this is a wild one. I have started lactating. I mean, just a little bit, and mostly just at night, but still. SO WEIRD. In more positive news, I've started using an exercise ball instead of my desk chair and it's making a world of difference for my ribs. Still pain / pressure, but way better than it was. So a big THANK YOU to Jesse for loaning it to me.
10. Exercise? Yoga 1x week. I NEED to start walking more ... and I am, some, but I need to do more. And I've been trying to stand up during meetings to help with the rib pain, so that counts for something, right? I want her to be able to drop into position whenever she's ready, and me sitting in a chair all day isn't going to do her any favors.
11. Movement? Still pretty solid, hiccups are becoming slightly less frequent but I'd say at least every other day. More braxton hicks these days, which aren't uncomfortable - just weird.
12. Belly button? It's disappearing day by day. And I've noticed that it actually shows through my clothes in 3D, so I'm trying to wear a tank or belly band underneath to prevent everyone from being grossed out.
13. What I miss? Sleep. Sushi. All the normal pregnancy stuff. I had a delicious half-glass of sangria at Jenny's wedding so I guess I'm not missing alcohol as much now. I did find out that there are no food restrictions during breast-feeding, so somebody better be bringing mama a big ol' thing of sushi grade tuna to the hospital room. There's a sushi place right next door ... just sayin'.
14. Labor signs? None - minus the fact that she's still head-down. Next appointment they'll do a cervical check hopefully, and let me know if I'm starting to efface or dilate. Not that it necessarily means much if I am, but I'd love to have a little progress.
15. What I'm looking forward to? Getting some of our little last minute details taken care of this weekend. I've been putting off things like getting the car seat installed and packing our hospital bags (mostly out of fear / denial) but it's time. And I'm thrilled to be DONE with traveling - no more out of town trips planned until August!
|sleepy eyes - thanks to Ben|