I've had these pinned for a long time and a farewell celebration for our dear friend Kim seemed like a good excuse to try them out. Kim is the queen of breakfast casserole, and I equated these to be somewhat of a mini-casserole, so it works. They got rave reviews at our get-together and 22 of the 24 were eaten, so I'd say they were a success. Also, thinking ahead, this will be a great tailgate alternative to the traditional breakfast casserole, as you don't need silverware!
FYI: This recipe makes 24 cups ... because that's all I had baking tins for. Also, silicone muffin pans worked WAY better than metal ones.
- 15 oz frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (separated into 2 1/3 cup portions)
- 8 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
- 14-16 Eggs, slightly scrambled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease muffin tins with cooking spray
- Mix hashbrowns with salt, pepper, olive oil and 1/3 cup cheese in a large bowl
- Divide hashbrowns evenly among muffin tins, pressing slightly into bottom of cup
- Bake 18 minutes
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees
- Divide eggs evenly among muffin tins, making sure there is enough to cover hashbrowns
- Divide bacon, then additional shredded cheese, evenly among muffin tins to top eggs
- Bake 16 minutes
- Let cool slightly and use a knife to slide around before removing from muffin pan - this is where the silicone baking pan comes in handy!