Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recipe: Key Lime Ice Cream Sandwiches

I'm torn on these. I liked them, but I'm not sure many people would. You have to really be in the mood for lime. But if you're craving something sweet and don't want the calories, they will hit the spot. The original recipe is for just two, but I made a ton for a cookout - I think I multiplied everything by 6?

Ingredients

  • 3 cups plain greek yogurt
  • 9 tbsp sugar
  • 6 tbsp rose's sweetened lime juice (you can find it near the soft drinks, but regular lime juice will do the trick if you have it already!)
  • 1 box graham crackers

Directions
  1. Mix the yogurt, sugar and lime juice in a bowl until smooth
    This isn't exactly smooth
    Maybe if you use a hand mixer?
  2. Freeze for approximately 1 hour or until taking a more solid consistency (but not frozen solid!)
  3. Place half the graham crackers on a tray or cookie sheet, cinnamon side down
  4. Scoop a hearty spoonful of the yogurt mixture onto each cracker (about 1/8 - 1/4 cup each)
  5. Cover each with another cracker, smooshing slightly to even out the yogurt mixture
  6. Return to freezer for at least 1 hour or until frozen through

It's that easy!

PS - I didn't really take any pictures while I was making this one, so here's a photo from the original recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment