Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recipe: Easy Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake

I stole this recipe from Kelly ; if you're not following her yet, you should be. She's only been blogging for, like, a month and she already has 30+ recipes up there. Essentially, she takes other people's recipes, and makes them healthier. She's brilliant and adorable and I went to school with her. 


Anyway, we were having Grace & Ryan over for dinner last night, and I needed a dessert but had very little time, what with all my meatball making (more on that later). This is perfect. Most of the ingredient list (which is SO short!), you likely already have in your pantry.



  • 8 oz fat free cream cheese / Neufchâtel cheese (I microwaved for :30 to soften)
  • 9" graham cracker pie crust (I guess you could make it yourself, but who does that?!)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 6 packets of Splenda
  • 1 tub of fat-free Cool Whip
  • Fresh Strawberries (sliced)



Mix the cream cheese, vanilla & splenda with a hand mixer until light and fluffy
Whip in the cool whip until light and fluffy again
Spoon into pie crust and refrigerate for several hours
Top with sliced strawberries


That's it! Seriously. Best of all, only 200 calories per serving. Ryan even asked me if I bought it. I couldn't think of a more perfect summer dessert ... yes, my beloved Chocolate Éclair Cake has finally been replaced as my favorite summer staple. More on that later, too. Big hopes for this blog, can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment