Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recipe: Summery Dressing (with salad suggestions!)

On Saturday night, we had the pleasure of dining with Allison (Sloan) and Jeff Polish. Sloan is a colleague of mine, who is half what I want to be when I grow up and half who I want to hang out with when I grow up (and now!). She's stylish, cool, smart as hell, devoted wife, mother of three boys and a hard worker. Her husband, Jeff (together with Sloan) started the Monti, which is a story-telling event held here in the Triangle. Check it out if you haven't yet, but get on their email list, because the event sells out within minutes. Anyway, they were so kind as to host us for dinner, and I was charged with bringing a salad to pair with a (fantastic!) brisket and mashed potatoes. I decided to go for a very "American" salad, with a little bit of a cobb feel.


Dressing

  •        3 tbsp red-wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar bc that’s what I had at home already!)
  •        1 tbsp fresh (yah right) lemon juice
  •        2 tsp Dijon mustard
  •        1 small garlic clove, minced (AKA through my garlic press)
  •        ½ tsp salt (to taste)
  •        ½ tsp sugar
  •        ¼ tsp black pepper (to taste)
  •        ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
  •        2 tsp worchestershire (just a couple splashes)
I put it all in a tupperware container so I could shake it around and easily transport, and voila! A great, light, summery dressing. Can you tell I'm already in a summer mindset?

Salad that accompanied dressing: Tomatoes (fresh from the Flea Market!), Hard-boiled eggs, Avocados, Romaine Lettuce, Shredded Cheddar Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment